A major Sydney shopping centre was sent into partial lockdown after a suspected bomb scare.

Police were called to Penrith’s Westfield shopping plaza at 9am on Sunday due to a safety threat.

NSW Police said the centre was evacuated ‘as a precaution’ before specialist officers inspected the item, which was ‘deemed to be safe’.

A major Sydney shopping centre was sent into partial lockdown after a suspected bomb scare

A major Sydney shopping centre was sent into partial lockdown after a suspected bomb scare

A major Sydney shopping centre was sent into partial lockdown after a suspected bomb scare

Shoppers have taken to social media, where they have said shop assistants told them the closure was because of a suspicious package.

One person said a ‘sealed suitcase with many zip ties’ had been left out the front of the Coles supermarket.

Police would not confirm the nature of the safety threat.

The public are now permitted to return to the shopping centre.

More to come.

Source: | This article originally belongs to Dailymail.co.uk

Leave a Reply
You May Also Like

Michelle Dockery reveals she donated her character Kate’s outfits from Anatomy Of A Scandal

Michelle Dockery has revealed she donated her character Kate Woodcroft’s outfits from…

Protesters gather at Texas State Capitol to call for tighter gun regulations

Anti-gun protestors gathered at the Texas State Capitol in Austin on Monday…

Jim Jordan says Biden ‘INTENTIONALLY’ caused southern border crisis

The Judiciary Committee kicked off the new Congress on an extremely combative…

Thousands more sex offenders, domestic abusers and shoplifters will be let off with police written warnings in new SNP soft-touch justice scandal

Thousands more sex offenders, domestic abusers and shoplifters will get off with…