Tucker Carlson needed ex-Trump aide ‘intermediary to deal with Fox News executives’

HomeHealth

Tucker Carlson needed ex-Trump aide ‘intermediary to deal with Fox News executives’

Tucker Carlson's once rosy relationship with Fox News had become so fractured in recent years that he needed an intermediary to deal with senior execu

Ryan Seacrest reveals he is practicing his Wheel Of Fortune hosting duties in his LIVING ROOM while ‘shouting’ along to the show as he prepares to take over from Pat Sajak
Supplement could help reduce your risk of heart disease and diabetes
7 Exercises To Slim Down a Thick Waistline in 30 Days

Tucker Carlson’s once rosy relationship with Fox News had become so fractured in recent years that he needed an intermediary to deal with senior executives and was ‘unimpressed’ when lawyers redacted his most unflattering remarks about them from the Dominion lawsuit record, according to a new report. 

Carlson, 53, was unceremoniously shown the door on Monday morning after reigning supreme at the network for seven years. 

DailyMail.com was the first to speak with him about his retirement yesterday at his Florida home. 

Tucker Carlson, pictured for the first time since he left Fox, with his wife Susan in Florida last night

Tucker Carlson, pictured for the first time since he left Fox, with his wife Susan in Florida last night

Tucker Carlson, pictured for the first time since he left Fox, with his wife Susan in Florida last night 

Their sources also claim the relationship had become so fractured that he couldn't communicate directly with the internal communications department, and needed Raj Shah, a former Trump aide, to serve as an intermediary

Their sources also claim the relationship had become so fractured that he couldn't communicate directly with the internal communications department, and needed Raj Shah, a former Trump aide, to serve as an intermediary

Their sources also claim the relationship had become so fractured that he couldn’t communicate directly with the internal communications department, and needed Raj Shah, a former Trump aide, to serve as an intermediary

Sun-kissed and with his wife Susan by his side, the firebrand anchor laughed off the controversy as he sped away in a buggy.

‘Retirement is great so far! I haven’t eaten dinner with my wife on a weeknight in seven years. Appetizers plus entrée!’ he said. 

Fox is yet to offer an on-the-record explanation for the sudden departure but sources say it was a combination of his unflattering remarks about executives that became public as part of the Dominion lawsuit. 

Carlson had raged they were ‘losing the respect’ of viewers by not giving more weight to hard-right theories or by questioning some. 

According to a new report by The Wall Street Journal – which is owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp – Carlson’s worst remark about the executives didn’t make it into the record. 

He had called one unnamed news executive a ‘c**t’, the report claims. Fox lawyers worked overtime to have that specific insult removed from the record and thought Carlson would be pleased with their efforts. 

Carlson's firing is said to have been ordered by Rupert Murdoch and executed by Lachlan Murdoch

Carlson's firing is said to have been ordered by Rupert Murdoch and executed by Lachlan Murdoch

Carlson’s firing is said to have been ordered by Rupert Murdoch and executed by Lachlan Murdoch

Instead, the Journal reports he was ‘unimpressed’, and wanted the world to know what he thought about the colleague. 

Their sources also claim the relationship had become so fractured that he couldn’t communicate directly with the internal communications department, and needed Raj Shah, a former Trump aide, to serve as an intermediary. 

Shah joined Fox in July 2019. He served in the Trump administration as the Principal Deputy Press Secretary. 

He remains in his position at the network. 

Carlson was the network’s most watched host, drawing in an average of 3.5million viewers every night with his primetime show. 

Now, he will be replaced with a rotation of Fox hosts until a permanent successor is found. 

In their statement announcing his departure, Fox said: ‘FOX News engaged an independent outside counsel to immediately investigate the concerns raised by Ms. Grossberg, which were made following a critical performance review. 

‘Her allegations in connection with the Dominion case are baseless and we will continue to vigorously defend Fox against her unmeritorious legal claims which are riddled with false allegations against the network and our employees.’ 

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
    DISQUS: