This is the first picture of a boy who was killed after he was electrocuted at a hotel while on holiday in Blackpool.
Jack Piper-Sheach, 10, tragically died in hospital with his family at his bedside from injuries sustained at Tiffany’s Hotel.
A family source told MailOnline: ‘It was awful what happened to Jack. It’s absolutely tragic and everyone is devastated but we can’t talk about it publicly because of the ongoing investigation.’
Police were called to the so-called ‘pink hotel’ at around 10.40pm on September 3 after a boy was found unresponsive. They said he was taken to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool and had injuries ‘consistent with coming into contact with a high voltage of electricity’.
Jack Piper-Sheach (pictured with his mother Kelly Rebecca Sheach) tragically died in hospital with his family at his bedside from injuries sustained at Tiffany’s Hotel on the famed promenade
A family source said: ‘It was awful what happened to Jack. It’s absolutely tragic and everyone is devastated but we can’t talk about it publicly because of the ongoing investigation’
Lancashire Police said doctors made every effort to save the boy before he passed away on September 7.
Coroner Alan Wilson has now confirmed that an inquest into his death at Blackpool and Fylde Coroner’s Court will open tomorrow.
After initial enquiries, Lancashire Police handed their investigation into the incident to Blackpool Council.
The local authority advised Tiffany’s Hotel to temporarily close while it undertakes health and safety investigations.
Police said they were called to the guest house, known locally as the ‘pink hotel’, at 10.39pm on September 3 after a boy was found unresponsive (File Photo)
A spokesperson for Blackpool Council said: ‘The investigation is still ongoing and at this stage. We are unable to predict when the hotel will be able to reopen.
‘We are carrying out the investigation and officers from the Health and Safety Executive have been offering specialist support.’
Following Jack’s tragic death, a spokesperson for Tiffany’s Hotel said: ‘We are heartbroken by the news we have received today and our thoughts and prayers remain with the family at this distressing time.
‘We will continue to provide the relevant authorities any assistance they need to carry out their investigations.’
Jack is understood to have been with members of his family when the accident happened.