Recipe: Ricotta-stuffed chicken with balsamic roasted veg
Prep time: 20min
Cook time: 45min
- 600 g Butternut Squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 2 bulb(s) Fennel, trimmed and sliced
- 2 small Red onion(s), peeled and sliced
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoons Chilli flakes, dried
- 4 medium Chicken breast, skinless, raw, 4 x 165g
- 200 g Ricotta Cheese
- 1 zest(s) of 1 Lemon(s)
- 4 sprig(s) Thyme, Fresh, leaves picked
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 90 ml Balsamic vinegar
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the squash, fennel, onions and garlic in a large roasting tin. Drizzle over the oil and sprinkle over the chilli flakes. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and roast for 40 minutes until golden and tender.
Meanwhile, put the chicken between two sheets of clingfilm and flatten with a rolling pin to a thickness of 5mm. Mix the ricotta with the lemon zest and thyme. Season well, and spread over the chicken. Roll tightly into sausage shapes.
Mist a large frying pan with cooking spray. Over a medium/high heat, seal the chicken until just golden. Transfer to a roasting tin lined with a double length of foil. Fold the foil to create a parcel and bake for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring the balsamic vinegar to the boil in a small pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until syrupy, then remove from the heat.
When the vegetables are cooked, remove from the oven. Squeeze the roasted garlic flesh from the skins and toss through the vegetables with the balsamic syrup.
Cut the chicken into thick slices and serve with the vegetables.