A disturbing theory has emerged about an alleged ‘house of horror’ getting burnt to the ground after a 13-year-old girl claimed she was tortured inside.
Superintendent Craig Hawkins of the Sunshine Coast District said racially motivated flyers had appeared around Tewantin, where the house is located, in the last 24 hours.
‘We take acts of racial discrimination, or racially motivated events very seriously and we will prosecute individuals if and when we locate them,’ he told reporters on Wednesday.
‘Early indications are that the flyer was generated by people that don’t live on the Sunshine Coast or who have no connection to the Sunshine Coast.
‘This is a direct attempt by individuals … to incite radical behaviour, racially motivated behaviour,’ and does not reflect the feelings of locals, Superintendent Hawkins added.
Vigilante groups had threatened to burn down the home of one of the teens accused of torturing a 13-year-old girl (pictured after attack) in a terrifying four-hour ordeal
Queensland Police and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services forensics officers are pictured at the scene of a suspicious house fire in Tewantin, on the Sunshine Coast, Wednesday, March 29, 2023
The Sunshine Coast home where a 13-year-old was allegedly attacked by three girls on March 11 was burst into flames about 1.30am on Wednesday morning
‘Everyone has the right in Queensland to fee safe, to not be a victim and to live harmoniously in this state.
‘The cultural heritage of the people who did occupy this home is completely irrelevant … these individuals are now before a court for justice to be delivered,’ he said.
The Sunshine Coast home where the 13-year-old was allegedly attacked by three girls – aged 14, 13 and 12 – on March 11, burst into flames about 1.30am on Wednesday morning, with the roof then caving in.
Firefighters said no-one was in the Housing Commission property at the time of the incident and no injuries were reported.
The incident comes just days after the home was boarded up after being ransacked and vandalised with graffiti messages including ‘JUSTICE 4 (the girl)’.
Police have declared a crime scene at the property and are waiting for it to be declared safe before conducting a full examination.
Shocking social media video had shown three persons allegedly attacking the young girl.
Police will allege the teens by broke bottles over her face and stabbed at her with a kitchen knife while she was stripped half-naked.
The footage also allegedly showed the girl being tied up, being repeatedly punched in the face as she begged for mercy, burnt and stomped on, and having knives thrown at her.
The three accused attackers – who allegedly lured the teen to the home by inviting her to a party – have been since been charged.
The trio are also accused of later making the 13-year-old girl shower to remove the blood.
Last week, Queensland Police launched an investigation after supporters of the teenage girl published an address for one of the alleged assailants.
The house (interior pictured) had been vandalised and ransacked days earlier
The house (pictured) on the Sunshine Coast was totally destroyed in the arson attack
Officers are pictured at the scene of suspicious house fire in Tewantin, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
They threatened to firebomb her house, throw bricks through its windows and attack the accused teen.
On Thursday, Queensland Police said they had now launched a probe into the threats and warned would-be vigilantes to stand down in a statement to Daily Mail Australia.
‘People who do attempt to take matters into their own hands can very well have any weapon turned on themselves and could face harm,’ said a spokesman.
‘In some cases, they could themselves face legal recourse dependent on their actions.’
A crime scene has been established at the house (pictured) and the police are continuing their investigations
Multiple social media accounts in the name of the alleged ringleader have been bombarded with sinister threats.
‘Let’s go – only a 1 hour drive,’ one vigilante wrote on a post, revealing the alleged ringleader’s home address. ‘Me and the tribe about to rock up on her doorstep.’
Another posted ominously: ‘No longer a house, just a pile of ashes.’
‘She gonna be crying and begging for me to stop,’ threatened another. ‘Why is it still breathing?’ asked another.
Others have targeted the mother of one of those accused and her sister.
‘Everybody’s after your daughters, so spend as much time as you can with them, because as soon as they walk those streets, they’re done for,’ one menacing post vowed.
Police said their investigations were continuing, with a warning of serious potential consequences for any reprisal attacks or identifying anyone involved.
‘To ensure community safety, police recommend members of the public not engage in methods of disrupting criminal activity or reprisal which may involve risk of personal harm or further legal recourse,’ added a spokesman.
‘Police have commenced an investigation in relation to this matter and it would be inappropriate to comment further and inappropriate to identify a victim of crime.’
The eldest child was remanded in custody pending an appearance at Maroochydore Children’s Court next month.
Social media video had shown three people allegedly attacking the young girl by breaking bottles over her face and stabbing at her with a kitchen knife while she was stripped half-naked
She was charged with four counts of assault occasioning bodily harm, assault occasioning bodily harm whilst armed in company, deprivation of liberty, entering a dwelling and committing and indictable offence, armed robbery whilst in company, using personal violence, entering premises and committing an indictable offence and wilful damage.
The two younger girls were granted bail and will return to Maroochydore Children’s Court later this month.
The 13-year-old was charged with assault occasioning bodily harm, assault occasioning bodily harm whilst armed in company, deprivation of liberty, armed robbery whilst in company using personal violence, entering a dwelling and committing an indictable offence, common assault and unauthorised dealing with shop goods.
The 12-year-old was charged with assault occasioning bodily harm, assault occasioning bodily harm whilst armed in company, deprivation of liberty, armed robbery in company with personal violence, entering a dwelling and committing an indictable offence and unauthorised dealing with shop goods.
Meanwhile, Australians have rallied around the alleged victim, raising more than $35,000 for her in the space of just 24 hours.
A GoFundMe appeal was launched by the alleged victim’s mother under a picture of her daughter’s bloodstained face, which quickly soared past its initial $1111 target.
HOW THE ALLEGED HOUSE OF HORRORS CASE UNFOLDED
A teenage girl, 13, goes to a Tewantin home after allegedly being invited to a party by three girls she had recently befriended.
Once she arrives, she is allegedly tortured for four hours, including allegedly being stripped half naked, bashed and stabbed with a knife.
The girls allegedly later escorted her home and stood by her side as she told her mother she was attacked by someone on the way to the house and the three girls had saved her.
Queensland Police lay charges against the three girls – aged 14, 13 and 12 – allegedly involved in the incident.
Footage of the alleged attack begins circulating on social media. Supporters of the 13-year-old girl start trolling the alleged attackers’ and their family and threatening vigilante action.
Queensland Police issue a warning to vigilantes and warn that the threats are under investigation.
The Tewantin home, where one of the accused attackers lives and the girl was allegedly tortured, goes up in flames in a suspicious blaze around 1.30am
Source: | This article originally belongs to Dailymail.co.uk