A Japanese schoolboy was left in excruciating pain after almost crushing his penis when his experiment backfired horribly.
Sharing eye-watering details of the incident in a medical journal, doctors told how the 11-year-old attached two 1cm magnets either side of his penis ‘out of curiosity’.
However, they both got stuck.
Even emergency crews found it ‘impossible’ to remove both magnets because the boy was in such agony.
Sharing eye-watering details of the incident in a medical journal, doctors told how the 11-year-old attached two 1cm magnets either side of his penis ‘out of curiosity’ (stock)
He was eventually relieved of his pain two hours later by doctors who attempted to pull them in ‘opposite directions’.
Doctors at Toho University Medical Center in Tokyo immediately applied ‘ointment’ onto the crush wound.
Medics said the boy was discharged later that day after reporting no issues.
He returned to the outpatient clinic the next day, where he was able to pass urine and claimed not to have any complications.
Writing in Clinical Case Reports, doctors told how such incidents can damage the urethra.
The magnets were neodymium magnets, one of the world’s strongest types.
They are used in hard disc drives and mobile phones, as well as children’s toys.
Reports of medics retrieving the magnets from urinary tract or anus are becoming increasingly common, the doctors warned.
Given their size, children often also accidentally ingest them.
Neodymium is a material that begins to chip and erode in stomach acid.
The risk becomes even more extreme if more than one magnet is swallowed, because if they become separated they can twist parts of the intestine and stomach between them, cutting off blood supply.
Source: | This article originally belongs to Dailymail.co.uk