Notorious TikTok menace Mizzy has posted a new video on his way to court boasting about how he will make 'light work' of his trial.The 18 year-ol
The 18 year-old, whose real name is Bacari-Bronze O’Garro, appeared at Stratford Magistrates’ Court in east London this morning after he was accused of posting videos on social media without the consent of the people featured in them.
But the court heard today that he was arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice ten days ago.
In a series of new videos posted on his Instagram, the prankster was seen smoking, laughing with his friends and while travelling to court, he told his followers ‘free me today’ as he described the case as ‘light work’.
Mizzy was due to stand trial on four counts of breaching a criminal behaviour order but his defence lawyer applied to adjourn the hearing after revealing that O’Garro had been arrested on October 16 on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.
O’Garro’s main witness in the case, who was due to give evidence today, was also arrested and both were released on bail under the condition that they do not contact each other ‘directly or indirectly’, his defence lawyer Paul Lennon explained.
Mizzy has been arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice, a court has heard today. Here, he is pictured arriving at Stratford Magistrates’ Court this morning
In a new video today, Mizzy boasted about his case being ‘light work’ while on his way to court
Mizzy posted a series of videos ahead of his trial, where it was revealed he has been arrested for perverting the course of justice
Without his evidence, Mr Lennon said, O’Garro would not be able to have a ‘fair trial’.
He told the court: ‘It was hoped that the sole witness in his (O’Garro) favour would be able to attend court to provide evidence in support of the defence. That is no longer possible.
‘Last week Mr O’Garro and his first and only witness were arrest on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.
‘Both were released on bail with the condition not to contact each other directly or indirectly.
‘Had he (the witness) not been arrested on a very serious allegation he would have been here to give evidence on behalf of Mr O’Garro.
‘It was hoped as of yesterday that the matter would not be proceeded with.
‘Instead, he (O’Garro) was bailed until January 2024.’
Judge Matthew Bone rejected the defence’s submission and chose to proceed with the trial, telling the court: ‘The witness’s unavailability was known on or before October 16.
Mizzy made a name for himself online after posting videos of a series of pranks, including riding on top of this bus
O’Garro has also previously shared a clip of himself cycling inside a Sainsbury’s supermarket
In another old video, O’Garro claimed that the police will never get him as he continued to cause chaos
O’Garro also sparked anger after appearing to walk into a family’s home without the owners’ permission
‘I am not prepared to adjourn this case.
‘The trial will proceed today.’
O’Garro’s case was previously adjourned at the same court as he was accused of engaging in further ‘criminal activities’, according to a joint submission by prosecution and defence lawyers at a hearing in September.
Mizzy made a name for himself online after posting videos of a series of vile pranks including forcing himself into other people’s homes and cars; taking a distressed elderly lady’s pet dog; kicking people off their bikes and being a nuisance in shops and libraries.
He is charged with two counts of breaching a court-imposed Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) on May 24.
On that date O’Garro is alleged to have uploaded video content to social media without the consent of the people recorded in Tower Hamlets and Westfield shopping centre, Stratford.
He is also charged with breaching two CBO’s on May 26 in Hackney and on July 7 in Haringey by again uploading video content to social media without the permission of those in it.
He has pleaded not guilty to all four charges.
The trial will proceed later today.