This recipe is suitable for the following approaches: Filling & Healthy and Vegetarian.
ProPoints® value: 8
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 20mins
- 800 g Butternut Squash, peeled, de-seeded and diced into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 medium Onion, quartered
- 2 cube(s) Vegetable Stock Cube, made with 2 pints of hot water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (level) Curry Powder
- 1 sprig(s) Rosemary, Fresh, leaves picked and chopped
- 1 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper to season
Preheat oven to 220°C/gas 4. Place squash and onions in a large roasting pan and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, until squash is tender. Transfer to a saucepan and add the stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Let cool for 15 minutes then purée in batches in blender or food processor.
Over a low heat, toast the curry powder in a small frying pan until fragrant, about 2 minutes – be careful not to burn it, then stir into the puréed soup. Season to taste and divide between six bowls. Garnish with the rosemary and serve immediately.